Rosacea is a relatively common skin disorder affecting both men and women.
In its early stages, it characterized by appearance of redness and visible capillaries on the face (cheeks, nose, chin and forehead). As the condition progresses, the skin starts to become rougher with progressively thicker texture and formation of lumps and bumps.
Rosacea often effects the self-confidence and self-esteem of the individuals suffering from it.What Causes Rosacea?
The exact cause of Rosacea is still unknown to the medical science. However, there are several underlying contributory factors which include:
- Genetic Predisposition (Usually people originating from Northern and Western Europe)
- Immune dysfunction
- Prolonged UV Exposure (sun damage).
- Alcohol and cigarette smoking.
How to control Rosacea:
It is important to seek expert medical advice for all skin disorders. Eliminating or reducing any triggering environmental and dietary factors (mentioned above) is often helpful.
Skincare Regimen to control Rosacea:
Skincare products are helpful to manage facial redness and include:
- Sun Protection (Sun Blocks)
- Gentle Cleansers
- Topical serums to calm the skin and reduce inflammation and irritation
- Topical products to reduce the size of facial capillaries and reduce excessive blood flow in the area.
Important: It is important to understand that skincare products for any skin concern have to be used regularly (as recommended by product usage guidelines) for optimum results. We recommend using the products for a minimum of 6 months and avoiding any triggering factors to see clinically visible results.