Ageing skin is characterized by the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles along with textural irregularities and sagging. Even though ageing is a normal process; most Australians suffer from premature skin-ageing due to excessive sun damage.
What causes the skin to age prematurely?
There are several contributory factors which include:
- Prolonged UV Exposure (sun damage).
- Suboptimal diet and lifestyle.
- Chronic illness.
- Sudden weight loss.
- Chronic stress & sleep irregularities.
- Environmental pollutants.
How to treat ageing skin?
- Identifying and eliminating (or reducing) any triggering environmental factors (mentioned above) is the first step.
- Healthy diet, adequate sleep, and regular exercise slows down the premature skin-ageing process significantly.
- In-clinic treatments include cosmetic injectables, various laser and light therapies professional peels, facials, skin needling etc.
Skincare products to slow down and reverse skin ageing:
- Sun Protection (SPF- Sun Blocks, Sun Screens).
- Exfoliating Cleansers.
- Topical anti-ageing skin serums such as Vitamin A, B and C Serums.
- Topical skin products with specific anti-ageing ingredients.
Important: It is important to understand that skincare products for any skin concern have to be used regularly (as recommended by product usage guidelines) for optimum results. We recommend using the products for a minimum of 6 months and avoiding any triggering factors to see clinically visible results.