Facial redness is a relatively common skin concern and is due to the increased blood flow in the superficial facial capillaries. This could be transient (temporary) or permanent. There are several underlying contributory factors which include:
· Genetic Predisposition (Usually people originating from Northern and Western Europe)
· Prolonged UV Exposure (sun damage).
· Spicy food, Alcohol and cigarette smoking.
· Certain medical conditions such as Rosacea, Thyroid disorders, anxiety etc.
· Certain medications such as Blood Pressure tablets and excessive use of oral Vitamins supplements such as Niacin (Vitamin B3).
How to treat Facial Redness:
It is important to seek expert medical advice if the condition is serious. Eliminating or reducing any triggering environmental and dietary factors (mentioned above) is often helpful.
Skincare products helpful to manage Facial redness include:
· Sun Protection (Sun Blocks)
· Gentle Cleansers
· Topical serums to calm the skin and reduce inflammation and irritation
· Topical products to reduce the size of facial capillaries and reduce excessive blood flow in the area.
Important: It is important to understand that skincare products for any skin concern have to be used regularly (as recommended by product usage guidelines) for optimum results. We recommend using the products for a minimum of 6 months and avoiding any triggering factors to see clinically visible results.
At My Skin Solution, we have chosen some of the best medical grade topical skin products to help minimise the signs of ageing skin. If you are not sure which products to choose, view our Online Consultations and we will be able to give you professional advice personalised to your skin type and skin concerns.
Would you like a tailored approach to treat your concern? Chat to our experts on live chat for further assistance and we can help find you the right product for you.